Shell Twilight Basketball is pleased to announce recruitment for our Ambassador programme 2018, now open for applications to all participants aged 15+.
As a Shell Twilight Basketball Ambassador, you will be supported to become a youth ambassador and role model. You will receive unique training to develop your leadership skills, confidence, and improve your employability potential.
What will ambassadors do?
- As an Ambassador, you will be supported to identify personal goals to work towards – this could be anything, including getting into volunteering, education or employment
- Take on leadership roles within Shell Twilight Basketball, acting as positive role models for others
- Develop your own interests and skills
- Gain recognised qualifications and awards
- Plan and deliver events in your local community or as part of Shell Twilight Basketball
Who would make a good Ambassador?
- Those keen to get more involved, helping out in their Shell Twilight session
- Those who want to get into volunteering, education, or work, and would like support getting there
- Those who aren’t sure what they want to do, and would like support to explore their options
- Those keen to explore their own interests, and gain formal qualifications
- Induction Residential
- Formal qualifications – including UKCC Basketball qualifications, Child Protection, First Aid, Community Achievement Awards
- Opportunities to volunteer and undertake work experience
- Mentor support – every Ambassador will have a mentor, who will offer support and guidance on your journey
- Workshops on CV writing, money management and interview techniques