1st & 2nd July 2019
10am – 5pm both days
Who is the training for?
Experienced tutors and trainers who use sport as a tool to engage young people and deliver training as part of their role. Active Schools, Sports Development, Youth Services, governing bodies, etc.
What will participants be able to deliver?
Following completion of the tutor training, participants will be able to deliver ETC courses to fellow staff, volunteers, and young leaders who deliver sport and physical activity to young people. The 6 ETC modules you will be able to deliver are SCQF-accredited at levels 4 and 5, and the tutor training will cover all aspects of SCQF delivery. The content of the 6 modules is designed to be flexible, and those completing the tutor training are free to adapt content to suit the needs of the groups they will deliver to. The six modules you will be able to deliver are:
- Working with Young People in Sport – an introduction to understanding young people and the role of the coach
- The Human Connection – developing awareness of the importance of building relationships and the ‘human connection’ as part of effective coaching
- Planning Effective Physical Activity Programmes – utilising Kolb’s learning cycle to explore the benefits that can be delivered through sport and physical activity
- Communication – building understanding around the use of communication in sport and its applications beyond
- Goal Setting – building understanding around the process of setting goals in sports and how these skills can be transferred into everyday life
- Conflict Resolution – providing coaches with practical tools for dealing with conflict, aggression and challenging behaviour in a sports setting
We are also able to offer follow up training for those that wish to deliver Dynamic Youth Awards in a sports setting, or our Standard Life – Step Up in Life employability and CV writing focussed module.
For more information on SCQF accredited modules click HERE
The cost of the Tutor Training is £300, to cover two full days of training, plus aftercare and support from Scottish Sports Futures.
Subsequently, when participants deliver an ETC module, there will be a cost of £10 per learner, to cover the cost of resources and SCQF-accreditation. Fee waivers and subsidies are available for some learners, including those who are experiencing disadvantage or living in areas of deprivation. This is subject to availability, and determined by our funders; please discuss with the ETC team for more information.
Download your application form HERE
Education Through CashBack (ETC) is a national programme which develops the knowledge and skills of our volunteers, sports coaches and youth workers through sporting activity.