Either Walk and raise essential funds for SSF or Volunteer on the day at our pit stop
Scottish Sports Futures (SSF) are now registered as a charity for the Glasgow Kiltwalk 2015 on the 12th April 2015; we are looking for walkers and volunteers to support Team SSF!
The Glasgow KiltWalk starts at Hampden Park and ends at Balloch Castle Country Park, with 6 pit stops along the way. You might take part in the KiltWalk to get fit, for the challenge or just to have fun but the main purpose of the walk is to raise money for Scotland’s children’s charities, causes and schools. SSF have been selected as one of the KiltWalk charities because of the work we undertake with young people, our mission statement says it all, we
“Use the power of sport to inspire young people and empower them to make positive lifestyle choices.”
The money raised for SSF at this year’s KiltWalk will allow us to:
• Deliver free physical activity in the heart of communities in need
• Offer training and qualifications to young volunteers
• Introduce inspiring role models to at risk youth
• Educate and inspire participants to lead healthy goal driven lives
What you need to know to support Team SSF
Join Team SSF at the KiltWalk – To register to walk all you need to do is click here
• Go to ‘Click here to register’ and select which walk you will do, either
o Full KiltWalk – 26 miles
o Half Kilt – 13 miles
o Wee Walk – 6 miles
• During registration be sure to select ‘Scottish Sports Futures’ when asked to Choose a Team and enter the password ‘Sport’
• Be quick, registrations for the Glasgow KiltWalk close on Sunday 5th April!
• Then it’s time to get fundraising! KiltWalk have set a target of £200 for each walker to work towards so get creative! Once you have signed up we will be in touch with ideas and information about fundraising for SSF.
Join Team SSF and Volunteer at our Clydebank pit stop – If walking is not for you, then we would love you to join us and be involved by volunteering at our pit stop. This is an opportunity for us to showcase all things SSF and motivate KiltWalkers with fun entertainment at the half way point which is also the start of the Half Kiltwalk.
To register your interest as a Team SSF pit stop volunteer, please email Katie for more information about volunteer roles available, email@example.com
If you are unable to walk at this year’s KiltWalk and unavailable to support as a volunteer on the day, you can support our work through donating at:
Please help us spread the word and encourage everyone you know to join or support Team SSF at any of the KiltWalks taking place this year.