Scottish Sports Futures (SSF) was established in 2000 and over the last 17 years it has created a successful and well respected “Sport for Development” model that supports young people from early interventions right through to training and employment.
SSF is committed to enhancing the lives of young people through sport and physical activity; providing them with the information and advice they need to fulfil their potential.
Key Trustee responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that SSF has a clear vision, mission, and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these;
- Being responsible for the performance of SSF;
- Ensuring that SSF complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Acting as guardians of SSF’s assets, both tangible and intangible;
- Ensuring that SSF’s governance is of the highest possible standard.
Board meetings are held quarterly in Glasgow. We are considering individuals with a variety of skill sets, however having experience within finance/risk and audit; hr, education; or with Glasgow’s East End community would be highly advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity as the sport for change agenda is embraced by the Scottish Government and sportscotland. Please see enclosed clip of one of our Twilight clients, Greg, who took part in the BBC Children in Need Rickshaw challenge.
If you are interested in applying to this opportunity or would like further information, please contact Pam Hunter on firstname.lastname@example.org